Three times a year, Masmicro Newsletter informs SMEs, researchers, potential investors and users
of the new production facility about the progress of the research, the consortium and all issues related to the implementation of this 4 year project.
To make sure you receive all issues of the Masmicro Update, register on the mailing-list from the table below.
Issue 5 - March 2007
- MEVEL: MEchatronic Variable Estimation Library, the Model Based Testing System made simple, by Piero Larizza, Masmec, Italy.
- Novel approach for automated stent-inspection system, by Issa Ibrahem and Alfred Binder, Carinthian Tech Research AG, Austria.
- Optical coherence tomography, an application on medical stents, by Christian Hofer, Upper Austrian Research GmbH, Austria.
- September 2006
- In situ materials testing techniques, a better understanding of deformation mechanisms, by Stephan Fahlbusch, EMPA, Switzerland.
- Metal forming, new tool technology by direct heating with laser radiation, by Jens Holtkamp, ILT Fraunhofer, Germany.
- Handling for micro machining applications, update on research and new developments, by Antonio-Jose Sanchez-Salmeron, UPV, Spain.
- Special Demonstration Day, a review on two years of development, by Dr. Yi Qin, Project technical coordinator, University of Strathclyde, UK.
- May 2006
- Masmicro Demonstration Day to EU Industrials.
- Piezo-electric actuators, new developments for Machine Tool applications.
- Development of 5-axis bench-type micro-milling machine for manufacturing miniature and micro components / devices.
- Latest developments on Micro-hydroforming by University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany.
- January 2006
- New laser system for material processing of micro parts.
- Focus on the RTD2 "Material Innovation and Testing group".
- Forming tools and bulk forming machine.
- 2004-2005, Masmicro progress summary.
- List of partners.
- September 2005
- Mass-manufacture of miniature and micro-products, New integrated production facility by 2008.
- European cooperation for a better Expertise in Design, Focus on RTD1.
- Project activities update.
- Exploitation and dissemination of knowledge.
- R&D news.
- List of partners.